IWHC President Adrienne Germain, staff, IWHC Board members, and global partners travel the world delivering critical information on women’s rights and health to prominent decision makers, government officials, international donors, and other organizations. We keep selected speech transcripts here as a reference for other advocates, and to provide further information to supporters.
- On February 8, 2011 more than 300 friends and
supporters joined IWHC in honoring Partners in Health co-founder Dr. Paul
Farmer at our 2011 gala. Click here to read speeches from Dr. Farmer, Ishita, IWHC Gala Chair Marlene Hess and President Adrienne Germain.
- Josina Machel delivered the speech "Sex, Culture, and Human Rights" at the 4th Africa Conference on Sexual Health and Rights in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia in February 2010. Machel is a gender activist and a social entrepreneur and a member of the Board of Directors of the International Women's Health Coalition.
- This speech was given by Priscilla Ikos Usiobaifo, Program Coordinator of BraveHeart Initiative, at the official ceremony of Nigeria's 49th Independence Day celebration held at Public Field, Igarra, Edo State on October 1, 2009.
- Adrienne Germain, President of IWHC, gave the speech "Political Commitments to Women's Health" on June 22, 2009 at the G8 International Parliamentarians' Conference in Rome, Italy.
- Ishita Chaudry, the Founder of our partner the YP Foundation, made the remarks "Denying Young People the Right to Know" at a Congressional Briefing in Washington, DC on March 3, 2009.
- "A New Global Agenda for Girls' and Women's Health and Rights," statement by Adrienne Germain, President of IWHC, at the Columbus Council on World Affairs' Women's Leadership Series lecture on March 13, 2008.
- "With Women Worldwide: Sexual and Reproductive Rights and Health to End HIV/AIDS," delivered by Adrienne Germain, President of IWHC, at the Unite for Sight 4th Annual Conference at Stanford University in Palo Alto, CA on April 15, 2007.