|QUIZ: Women, Health, and Rights Worldwide|
Each and every one of us can make a difference by sharing information about women’s health and rights with people in your lives and your networks. And if you’re looking to sharpen your own knowledge before having those chats, take this quick quiz—you’ll feel like an expert in minutes. Jot down your answers to the following 12 questions and then click through at the end for the answers and more information about issues affecting the health and rights of women and girls.
1. Worldwide, how many women die as a result of complications from pregnancy or childbirth every year:
2. In January of this year, Bolivia approved a new Constitution, which for the first time dedicates a chapter to women’s rights. What percentage of Bolivians approved the Constitution
3. Worldwide, what percentage of new HIV infections in women result from sex with their husband or primary partner?
4. In what year did the United Nations sign an agreement committing to "gender equality and the empowerment of women"?
5. Last year, Cameroun ratified the Maputo Protocol (link to download PDF), which calls on countries to eliminate discrimination against women and girls, and uphold their rights to dignity, life, education and training, and health, including reproductive rights. How many other African countries have ratified this life-saving document?
6. True or False: Each year, 30 thousand women die from unsafe abortions.
7. How many women worldwide will experience some type of violence in their lifetimes?
9. Which country that begins sexuality education in preschool and integrates it into all levels of school has the lowest teen birthrate in the world:
10. Emergency contraception is often referred to as the “morning after” pill. For how many days after contraceptive failure is emergency contraception effective against unwanted pregnancy?
12. What percentage of the United States budget was allocated to global health in 2010?