|Every Gift to IWHC Makes a Difference|
IWHC has significant comparative advantage. IWHC shapes international policies and budgets, and builds local capacity for women’s health and human rights. We leverage our work in these two critically linked worlds to change thinking, redirect funding, and motivate action by people and institutions that can secure rights and health for women and girls.
Our high proportion of general support funds allow us to respond quickly when opportunities or threats arise—a quality that has made us highly effective in bridging the two worlds of women’s health and rights organizations, and large policy and funding institutions.
In FY 2010, for every dollar we spent, 81 percent went to programs and services that directly benefited our country partners and our policy work.
Donations at all levels make a difference. For example:
• $100 enables a girl to spend a year in a safe space building her self-esteem, learning how to say no to sexual coercion, and honing skills to advocate for her own right to health information and services.
• $500 helps a partner organization to implement a program for three months that empowers teenage girls to resist early marriage.
• $1,000 brings an emerging leader to New York to learn to advocate for health and human rights at the United Nations, and change policies that will benefit tens of thousands of others like her.
• $5,000 jump-starts an innovative campaign to reform restrictive abortion laws and save women's lives.
• $25,000 empowers IWHC to provide direct financial and professional support to a partner organization that works to ensure health services for poor, rural, or indigenous women.