Persuading those who control global and national policies and budgets to invest in girls and women—particularly in vital but politically contentious matters of sexuality and gender equality—requires you to reach out, get involved, and be heard. We can only make global progress on securing the health and human rights of women and girls with your active participation.
We have identified five things you can do to secure just and
equal rights for women and girls. They are:
- Speak Out and Speak Up
- Attend a Networking Event
- Donate to IWHC
- Spread the Word
- Read our blog Akimbo, where we publish perspectives on world events and policies affecting women’s health and rights on a daily basis. Edited by the Communications Program staff, the blog has contributions from our staff, colleagues, and partners around the world.
IWHC's issue briefs, factsheets, and reports on issues affecting girls and women including child marriage, HIV/AIDS, and maternal health.
up for our email updates to keep up with action opportunities, the latest buzz from Akimbo, and news from our partners in Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
- Join us on
Speak Out in the Media and Speak Up to Policymakers
- Write a letter to the editor or comment on articles that
inspire or outrage you in local, national, or international media.
- Write a blog post or give us a tip on issues that matter to you for IWHC’s blog, Akimbo.
- Join IWHC’s Action Alert email list to be alerted to pressing
issues that you can speak out on.
- Contact policymakers
at the United Nations, national or local governments, or other
influential governing bodies and make sure their votes represent your
views and those of girls and women worldwide.
- Contact members of the United States Congress at: www.house.gov or www.senate.gov, or
call 202-225-3121 (House) or 202-224-3121 (Senate).
Attend a Networking Event
- Young Leaders is a network of young people who come together to network, share ideas, access experts in the field, and take action to ensure a just and healthy life for women and girls worldwide. Become a Young Leader today!
- The Leadership Council is a special group of women who share a broad interest in the U.S. foreign policy agenda and are committed to women's health and human rights globally. Find out more.
Make a Gift to IWHC
Your support will help us to:
- Support local organizations in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East that empower women and girls. From community-based initiatives that prevent early and forced child marriage to innovative comprehensive sexuality education programs, our partners are empowering women and young people to live just and healthy lives.
Ensure women and girls have the health services and information they need by making global HIV/AIDS funding work for women.
- Mobilize women and girls to advocate with world leaders and demand social justice for the most disadvantaged women and girls.
Spread the Word
- Share our Facebook page and Twitter feed with a friend or family member. Tell them why you are committed to securing a just and healthy life for women and girls and why they should join IWHC’s network of partners and supporters.